I’m a lil tardy in sending this on. My mild O.C.D wouldn’t allow me to interrupt the cycle of my story – it had to reach the end – and to be honest, I’m not much into passing things like this on. Don’t get me wrong, I am humbled by Maria Savva’s nomination, and for that I thank you very much, Maria. It’s just . . . as well-meaning as these nominations and awards can be, they can also be quite a burden to fulfil. For example, I’m pretty sure that I don’t know 15 bloggers that I’d nominate for the award who haven’t already been nominated and done their part. So, if the creators of the award will allow me to bend the rules a lil, I’ll fulfil part of the obligations of the award . . .
The first part that I will fulfil is the fact that I must link back to the wonderful Maria Savva who nominated me. You can read her blog here: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1418272.Maria_Savva/blog
And her post here:
Secondly, I will impart the rules:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State seven things about yourself.
- Nominate fifteen other bloggers for this award and link to them.
So, seven things about myself:
- I’m a bit of a Doctor Who fan . . . not obsessively, but I can name every actor to have played the incarnations of The Doctor. If you’re wondering, my favourite was Tom Baker until Peter Davison came along . . . but then David Tennant graced our screens as the good Time Lord and well, that was it really.
- I can’t go a day without listening to music.
- When buying socks and tennis shoes/runners/trainers, I only ever buy Adidas.
- Border Collies are my favourite breed of canine.
- If I had my way, all of the world’s elephants and gorillas would be safe.
- Although my favourite genre of film is horror, my favourite novels include Pride And Prejudice, Wuthering Heights and The Bone Collector.
- I’ve been to three different clairvoyants; one of them three times.
Where I’m hoping to get away with bending the rules of this award is to nominate fewer than fifteen other bloggers. My nominees are people who go above and beyond to support other people in their endeavours.
- Marchi – http://www.mrsmarchi.com
- Vacen – http://www.vacentaylor.com
- Rami – http://cosmicrami.tumblr.com
- Nicole – http://www.schnicka.com
- Simon – http://blog.simonhay.com.au
I nominate some of these people already knowing the response to this post. Your decision regarding your participation in this award is completely respected by me; I simply wanted people to know that your blog is . . . well, you already know what I think of your blog. 😉